Keeping Your Luxury Vinyl Clean
Luxury vinyl maintenance is fairly simple! Basic care and maintenance will help ensure that your vinyl floors age well over time. By establishing a basic care routine and remaining diligent, you can ensure that your vinyl floors always look their best. With its built-in resistance to spills and scratches, you'll find that vinyl flooring is easier to maintain than other flooring options out there. Learn more about the basics of luxury vinyl care and how to address spills and other messes below.
The basics of luxury vinyl care are as follows:
- Invest in a high-quality broom and put it to use on a regular basis. In sweeping, you are actively working to remove dirt, dust, and other debris that can scratch your luxury vinyl floors and give them an overall grungy look. How often you sweep will largely depend on the amount of traffic the room receives. But in general, you should be sweeping every day or so.
- Place walking mats at the entrances of your home.
- Encourage guests to remove their shoes before entering your home and walking on your laminate floors.
- Use furniture protectors to protect your floors from scratches.
- You may wet mop your luxury vinyl floors periodically, but do not use too much water when you do so.
STAINS & SPOTS
Luxury vinyl flooring features waterproof properties, and therefore spills and messes are not cause for concern as long as you address them immediately. If you spill or have an accident on your vinyl floors, the key is to wipe up the mess with a cloth before it has the opportunity to seep into the subflooring or provide cosmetic damage to your vinyl. For more serious scuffs or marks, consult your manufacturer before trying a new cleaning solution. With their scratch, stain, and spill resistance, luxury vinyl floors do not require much maintenance overall.