BEFORE laminate INSTALLATION
- A member of our team will walk you through the entire installation process, answering any questions that you might have about time table and what to expect.
- Remove any furniture from the rooms where the installation is to take place.
- Come up with a plan for your subflooring. Is the crew removing it? Are you? Does it need to be removed at all?
- Have a waste removal plan!
- Please ensure that children and pets are not present during the installation.
- Complete any painting that might need to be done.
- You will complete a last-minute walkthrough!
- Make sure you have a plan for your existing flooring or subflooring. This may need to be removed, and it costs extra if it's not something that is figured out ahead of time.
- Your crew will acclimate the laminate planks to the temperature of the room.
- They will then trim door jams and install the underlayment
- The crew will begin to lay the laminate planks. Some laminate floors will be connected using an interlocking system, "a floating floor," while others may require an adhesive. Prior to your installation, you should know which installation method your crew will be using.
- Your installation team will provide the finishing touches, including removing any spacers, installing door thresholds, and caulking the edges of baseboards.
- Complete a final walk-through with your crew to assess the quality of the job.
- Ask any questions that you might have to your crew or our team.
- Run a fan to remove any ventilation-related smells.
- If installed using the glue-down method, allow the adhesive time to dry before stepping foot on your laminate floors.
- Enjoy your new floors!